Friday, June 21, 2013

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free range to help treat oiliness effectively

I guess many of you have already heard of the recent findings on oily skin which said that the best way to treat it is to hydrate the skin.

I used to have super oily skin that shines forever. I've had my fair share of over-scrubbing and cleansing that left my skin dehydrated with large open pores. As much as we'd want to eliminate excess surface oil, we'd want to keep the skin hydrated so that the oil glands do not produce more oil when it senses that the surface of the skin feels dry.

Kiehl's, through its Ultra Facial Oil-Free range claims to be able to give you good-looking skin and help with any oily skin problems. Its lightweight formula helps to balance and freshen skin, controls shine and reduces oil on the skin surface the right way.


I've tried many products of Kiehl's that I liked but I have not gotten the chance to put this to a test. I did receive their samples before but I had so many other products to try that I never really paid attention to the sachets I received of this range. I have tried the Ultra Facial range without the 'oil-free' label but the cream was a little rich for my skin. I do believe they came up with this oil-free range based on the feedback from fans of the Ultra Facial range who live in hot and humid countries like ours.



Its main ingredients consist of the Imeperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Antarcticine and Vitamin E, helping to store and retain moisture efficiently while promoting a lasting hydrating effect, protecting skin against dryness, shielding skin from the damaging effects of free-radicals and making skin appear youthful.

"The new breakthrough technology fuses the benefits of moisture-retaining ingredients and naturally-derived sugar to release pure hydration into skin and then lock in moisture. The results are scientifically proven 24-hours of shine control and long-lasting moisturisation.  The daily regimen – featuring a cleansertoner, and gel cream – works to visibly reduce oil on skin, without stripping skin of essential moisture and without the use of mattifying powders," Kiehl's said in a statement.

What I like about Kiehl's is that their products are reasonably priced, those that I've tried work as good as they claim and I like their no-nonsense simple packaging. The Ultra Facial Oil-free Cleanser (150ml) and Toner (250ml) are priced at RM85 each, while the Gel-Cream moisturiser is priced at RM100 for a 50ml tub.

If you're looking for a no-nonsense skincare to help you with oily skin issues, Kiehl's is also helpful in giving out samples for you to try. Check out this range and tell me what you think.

Have you tried this range? If you have, do you like it?

No comments: