Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque - love it or hate it?

I am down to my last few bits of the Peter Thomas Roth's Cucumber Gel Masque. And I used up 2 jars within the last 10 months.

So, did I like it?

Well, first of all, I ended up with 2 jars as I had mistakenly ordered them in 2 separate orders within 1 week. StrawberryNet had a good sale at that time and I didn't realise I had ordered this one at my last checkout. 

Both I got at a really good deal which is way so much lower than if you'd purchase at the counter.


So, judging from its huge size of 150g, I would say that this must be the most value-for-money hydrating mask you can ever find in the market within its league. I got it for about RM150 and if you're a big fan of hydrating masks, you'll know what I mean.

Does it calm and hydrate? Well, I guess the calming effect did happen since it doesn't sting while working its chemical properties into the skin. It also did give an instant hydrating effect making skin look moist and bright once it is rinsed off.

As you can see its list of ingredients, they all scream many benefits to the skin - like aloe vera's supposed to calm & moisturise; pineapple extract's supposed to hydrate and remove dead cells; same goes for papaya extract, etc.

I like that it gives an instant cooling sensation to the skin as soon as I layer it on my skin, as though the skin needs to drink up after a hot and humid day out in our tropical country.

And what I love about a good hydrating mask is that it is safe for daily use.

But, that's about it. Frankly, I hate this thing as much as I love it because as much as it gives all that instantaneous feel-good cooling feeling, my skin doesn't get that much hydrated once the effect wears off, say after an hour.

I don't get that soft smooth dewy complexion when I wake up from bed the next morning and I don't think it does anything more than an instant perk-me-up effect.

My skin didn't get that much softer either unlike what you'd get from a good hydrating mask where impurities from the skin can be removed more easily.


So if you're asking me if it's good? Oh well, other than it rinses well, I think you may get a similar effect by blending cucumber with ice. Perhaps. I think my Freeman pineapple enzyme mask gives a similar effect.

This was a good experience and I truly enjoyed finishing up both large tubs because they are just too easy to use. But I don't think I'll repurchase :)

Have you tried this one yet? 

No comments: