Saturday, August 18, 2012

Travel Essentials: Do you just bring your basic skincare line or the entire range?

Yes, it's the long-awaited festive season where Malaysians from any race or religion welcome. That's part of the beauty of our country... non-Muslims who are not celebrating Raya enjoy that additional break and give way to their fellow colleagues who are celebrating, to take extra days off work. Even schools close for an entire week.

As for me, my family decided to take this festive season as a wonderful opportunity for a family vacation. Hence, we are all travelling out of the country tonight to this exciting journey - exciting, because it is our first overseas trip with the whole family, including our latest addition, who had just learnt to walk about a week ago. 

So, what do you pack when you know you'll be away for a week? Do you travel light and not care much about skincare because it is supposedly a holiday... or do you pack your entire range of skincare products although you know you may not have time to pamper yourself?

For me, having sensitive skin prone to congestion and breakouts is a good reason to be all concerned about my skin needs. I am always pretty strict about it. Though I know I would hardly put on any makeup during my vacation, I do still pack on additional cleanser to double cleanse my skin for my twice-weekly DIY facial regime. And yes, if I do not have any travel-sized products, I wouldn't mind carrying the full-sized products.

travel essentials
This time, as my skin is healing from a bad breakout phase, I have decided to bring together a hydrating mask from Sothys to be included into my luggage, while I am also sneaking in the Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Brightening Mask into my hand-carry to ensure my skin is fully hydrated and plumped even after a 13-hour tiring flight. Of course, I have done the initial prepping of the skin where I had scrubbed and applied a deep cleansing clay mask earlier this morning so that I could just put on the Shiseido mask after cleansing. Hopefully, my skin will behave during the entire trip.

As for my favourite cleansing oil, I found a travel-size oil cleanser bottle and filled it up into the bottle. Thereby, I don't use too much luggage space.

So, as you may have guessed, my skincare needs usually take up a lot of space in my luggage. I have a small kit for me to bring in my hand-carry so that I could freshen up (basic cleanser, toner, serum, eye cream, moisturiser and sunscreen) during the flight and I would have another pack with a more elaborate range like the scrub, masks, body lotion, shampoo & conditioner and additional products which would help if I know that the products in the mini kit of my hand-carry will not last for an entire week.

mini kit 
My mini-kit in my hand-carry... see the cleanser from Beaubelle that I got from Fabulous Finds in their July beauty box? It is a pretty decent cleanser cum scrub. Good timing too.

mini kit size
you can see how small they all are from the size indication.

Yes, I am a pack rat. And just imagine the toiletry bag for my 2 babies... tsk tsk... that, in itself may need an entry on its own :D

How about you? Are you going anywhere during this coming holiday or will you just be enjoying the break not do anything?

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to my Muslim readers and stay safe.

No comments: