Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - more than just stains.

I have recently gone on a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain shopping binge.

Untitled
Before it came into Malaysian shores, I read about it in a friend's blog as she went nuts about them and was ecstatic to discover that another lovely friend with the same interest, was on a work trip abroad. Instantly, I asked for all of the colours featured on the blog and the lovely friend brought home these 4 colours that were available.


Apparently, the Balm Stain colours are hot-selling items and many colours are sold out in many stores.

Untitled
Just a couple of weeks back though, I found out that they are already available in our country and I was more than happy to add another 2 colours to my existing collection. Note though, that the display retail price was snapped at a Sasa outlet but I later headed on to a Guardian outlet as they were on RM7 discount.

Untitled 
I must say that the top-most colour - Honey, and the bottom 2 colours - Adore and Rendezvous, are my fav!

Untitled
The above is the swatch I got from the 6 colours (according to the order of the 2nd last photo). I must tell you that the colours are amazing. Though it is named as a Balm Stain, the colours are surprisingly intense on the lips and long lasting. The Balm Stain is moisturising and I am reminded of their once famous long last lipstick which came in a long gold casing, all because of that hint of minty effect on the lips. I have forgotten the name of that lipstick range because it was discontinued for so long already.

The colours are so wearable and although they appear light on first application, the colours intensify after probably 20 seconds - 1 minute. I am not sure why or how that could happen but that is what happens on my lips. Though number 3 and 4 look so faint and sweet, the colours appeared really bright on my lips and can be a little too intense for my liking, in normal circumstances especially when I am at work. They can get a little too pinkish and magenta-ish. Hence why I prefer 1, 5 and 6 which I feel are more wearable and not too flirtatious.

I really think this is the best Revlon's lip product yet. 

Have you tried or seen the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in our local stores?

No comments: