Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Does your nail colour represent your mood?

I received a surprisingly nice red colour nail polish at an event recently and it felt pretty good because I do not own any reds. Somehow, I always thought that red nails are cliché and so old fashioned because as far as I remember, nail polishes those days used to be shades of red.

This time however, I thought I'd have some fun with the colour, My Valentine by Revlon to mark my 'Red' week haha.... disgusting? I don't know... somehow it felt really good and I thought the red made me feel all gorgeous albeit moi being hormonal and the highly lethargic feeling synonymous with that time of the month.

without flash...

with flash

So, instead of calling it My Valentine, I shall name it my that-time-of-the-month. Hehe...

I only have one blue Revlon shade before this. I think the coverage is pretty good, the brush slim and the colour can last 3-4 days without chipping. I use a good top coat but because I cook daily and the amount of dishes every day that needs to get cleaned, I am lucky if it could stay put for an entire 3 days. The only thing is, since the brush is a little slim, you may need to dip it twice to colour an entire nail, once for one half and another time for the other half.

And, since I am not a pro at colouring my nails nor have I been doing it my entire life, I'd say that Revlon nail polish is pretty decent.

What about you... do you colour your nails according to your mood or to symbolise something?

No comments: