Friday, October 8, 2010

Estee Lauder's Blue Dahlia Collection for Fall 2010 - available in Isetan and Parkson stores.

This, just in this week and I was fortunate to be among the first few to check it out during a media launch. But to tell you the truth, I may have been a little slow in featuring this compared to many other beauty bloggers because this is not new news in the beauty scene ;)

The Blue Dahlia Pure Color is a new collection from Estee Lauder's Fall 2010, inspired by their Creative Makeup Director, Tom Pecheux. Now I won't get too technical with my description of the collection since many of you would probably be more interested to know it's wearability vs. whatever claims they want you to hear.

Their 5-coloured compact for the eyes takes centrestage in this Fall 2010 collection, with 2 intense shades of blue and violet, but you will also be able to search for your favourite shade of single eye colours, shimmery lip glosses, nail colours and lippies that would complement your look.

I had the opportunity to talk to Zohn Ho, Estee Lauder's Global Premier Makeup Artist at the launch, and managed to swipe some of their eyeshadows onto my skin. I must say that I am pretty much delighted at the smoothness and intensity of the colours. In fact, they did rave about their colours' wearability and how accurate the colour would appear on a woman's face as how it looks in its luxurious compact case. I think that must be Pure Color's best selling point.

And, if you're like me who's pretty green in dolling-up your face, I do think you'd be a little overwhelmed by the heavy teal-turquioish colour from one of the 2 5-colour eyeshadow pans. A lot of us may think that the colour may not suit our every day 'clean' or professional look but from the demonstration given by their regional makeup artist, I guess the trick is to blend and layer until you have the desired intensity. From then on, you might see make up and colours in a different perspective especially with the help of reliable '*technologically-advanced' tools such as those from the Pure Color range. That said, I may still not take the risk and would rather buy other colours from the collection because I am no pro, and blending may take ages for my eyes to look good ;)

I shall share with you on the tricks of applying their new colours and useful tips from Zohn in another post but for now, I shall inform you that the collection can only be found in all of Isetan and 3 of Parkson's main stores, priced at RM142 for the 5-coloured eyeshadow, RM75 for their gloss and gloss stick, RM70 for single eyeshadow and RM60 for their nail polish.

Some technical facts you may want to know:
Estee Lauder uses *True Vision Technology to incorporate intense, highly pigmented shades for a saturated colour-rich application. A crystalline laminate polymer intensifies colour clarity and vibrancy which translates in an easy swipe of colour (just one easy stroke) without you having to apply the colour many times in order to get it right.

No comments: