Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bioderma Hydrabio Tonique Lotion Hydratante for Sensitive Dehydrated Skin is a win for me.

When beauty enthusiasts hear of Bioderma, the first thing they'd think of is the much renowned, very frequently mentioned Crealine TS H2O Micellaire or cleansing water. During my last trip to Paris, that was exactly the first item on my shopping list. However, while shopping in their pharmacie at the popular Champs-Elysées, this beautiful clear blue bottle truly caught my attention. I've never heard of this product when I was doing my research on French drugstore beauty items to buy yet I was drawn to the clean packaging. Of course, it coming from Bioderma is a bonus because I was confident that it would be a product of quality, or so I had hoped.

We had a field time shopping in the pharmacie and since I had budgeted for loads of foreign beauty products to bring home (almost half was for the customary year-end gift exchange with lovely friends), I happily put this in my basket without giving a second thought.


I think that must be one of the best hasty-decisions-in-shopping I've ever made because I think that this is probably the best toner I've ever used. 


The Bioderma Hydrabio Tonique Moisturising Toning Lotion is branded for sensitive dehydrated skin. It claims to tone, renew and make skin looking radiant with its paraben-free formulation.

Very little drops are needed to soak your cotton pad and your skin will be left feeling fresh and moist. I especially like its fresh scent... it can be strong scented to those with a sensitive nose but I like the scent. It gives that wholesome feel of nice texture, beautiful finish and lovely feeling altogether.

I am not sure if it really provides hydration to the skin because how much can a toner do, right, unless you use serum and hydrating moisturiser after toning. But I like the feeling it gives me and since I didn't have any negative reaction to it, I like it a lot. Like very much!

The packaging is also so nice to see and hold... it comes in a light plastic bottle, almost squeezable and I like its clear blue colour, which gives me that soothing perception. It has a snap top opening which makes it so easy to use as you can just snap close with the index finger of the hand that's holding the bottle while you pour out the toner on a facial cotton held with the other hand. It's quick and breezy.

I also especially like it because I have never before used a toner that's safe for use on the eye area. This one allows you to use it on the eye area thus making me think that it's that mild. Anything mild should be safe, no?

I like it so much that I regretted only buying one bottle. And I also regretted only using it in January of this year because had I known I was going to like it a lot, I would probably have bought another one or 2 bottles. It probably cost around €16 which converts to about RM73 but since it is running out soon, I can't think of any other toners to use but this. So, a check with StrawberryNet and my 10% loyalty discount, I paid for a new one which probably cost as much as a luxury brand toner -.-

And it doesn't come in any other size, just 250ml, which is a shame. It would be so good if they have it in 500ml just like their famous micellaire.

According to the text on its label: The Bioderma Hydrabio Tonique Moisturising Toning Lotion (Sensitve Dehydrated Skin) provides a pleasant feeling of freshness. Rebalanced, durably hydrated, the skin regains its tone, suppleness and radiance. the patented Aquagenium® biological complex re-trains the skin to generate in depth the hydration essential to its natural balance and to lock it in on its surface.

I believe that the toner would last me longer had I not squeeze out too much during the numerous initial time of using it. I went a little overboard with the light bottle. After awhile and getting used to the spout-like top, I tried not to squeeze and let the liquid come out naturally. 

At times when I see some congestion on my skin, I'd just soak a cotton pad and leave it on my skin. Skin will feel so soft that extracting whiteheads (not to be recommended though) if you really cannot stand it, will become quite easy. Of course its strongest point for me, is its fresh scent. It perks my senses especially in the morning and I think my skin likes the fresh boost.

Although Bioderma is not available in Malaysia, I would just like to share this info with you because I was told by many that information like this is useful when our local readers get to fly abroad and have the opportunity to buy products like this. As far as I know, Bioderma is widely available in our neighbour countries, Indonesia and Singapore. So, if you do get to fly there, take a look and see if the price tag is worth snapping up. I mean, to pay luxury brand price for a drugstore brand may not be a popular choice but as I think this is the one for me, I'm willing to close one eye.

Have you tried this or any Bioderma products, other than their popular cleansing water? If you had, did you like it?


No comments: