Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Switching products to suit current skin needs.

Seven days into the fasting month and I could already feel my skin stressed out and dehydrated. I almost forgot that this always happen to me during the fasting month as the body consumes lesser fluid.


So off I went into my stash of beauty products and found these that I thought could possibly help calm my stressed skin, hydrate and make skin appear brighter. Thank god for the stash... 


The Lancôme alcohol-free toner never worked well with my once super oily skin. I had a few of these from freebies with products purchase and have given away many of them. How lucky of me that I kept one deluxe bottle just in case and my skin now loves it. It has a light smell of roses, cools my skin and hydrates it just like its supposed to do. In the early morning, I already felt energised.

The Hydra Zen Neurocalm Soothing Anti-Stress Moisturising Gel Essence bottle is actually empty. I kept it because it looks really nice and don't feel plasticky. Haha.. I am actually using a deluxe sample and thought the bottle looks nicer in a photo ;) I've always loved the gel essence because of its light scent and texture, melting into the skin almost immediately and gives me a dewy feel without feeling sticky. It worked in calming my skin when it was very stressful and I believe I need it now more than ever.

As for the Clarins Brightening Hydrating Day Lotion, I don't think I've gotten around to properly write a review on it. And when I thought I was ready to review it, Clarins came up with a new formulation which my skin hates. So, back to the stock I have... I love the former formulation as it is lighter, smells nicer (to me) and more matte. The newer version clogs my pores.

I'm foreseeing that these might just stay in the regimen until Raya. Maybe. I gotta drink more water and I could only take in so much.

What about you? Do you self-prescribe the products for your current skin needs or do you make the most of what you're currently already using?

No comments: