Saturday, July 14, 2012

Shiseido The Skincare Makeup Remover and Dior Cleansing Oil - Do their part so well.

Am sharing with you my current obsession - probably some of the best cleansing duo I've came across...
Untitled 
Left: Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
Right: Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil


Every once in awhile when I am bored of my regular products, my mind (and hands) would start wandering in the borderless stratosphere, better known as 'online shopping' to look for new or different items I should try out. After some research on ingredients and reviews, my mind decided on these 2 items.. and what a wonderful decision too, as I discovered from my first use :)

Untitled
There are plenty of reasons why I love the eye makeup remover so much... firstly, the bottle is so slim, making it easy to the grip and its size is just nice to fit in a makeup pouch. I love its plastic material too for its almost rubber-like substance, so it doesn't break easily if my kids accidentally knock it down from the dressing table especially when I'm in a rush and would just let it stand lying at the tip of the dressing table. I love that it has a tip at the top because if I want to use a cotton tip, I could just let the liquid out like a dropper and there's no wastage. This design is just brilliant! But more so, I love it for its really nice scent - not overpowering, and not too faint. *stars in my eyes*

Of course, what I don't love about it is its price... for this standard 125ml like any other eye makeup remover in the market, its price of RM108 can be quite steep. Well, let's see if I love it much enough to repurchase once it depletes ;P

Untitled
The clear liquid is mild enough for the eyes - it doesn't sting and doesn't leave any oily residue - yet strong enough to remove even waterproof mascara. It's just amazing!

Untitled
the ingredients list.

Untitled
As for the product by Dior, I was intrigued with the cleansing oil because it was on discount at StrawberryNet ;P

On first try, I was pleasantly surprised by its properties and how it worked on my skin. I mean, unlike any other cleansing oil I have tried before, the end result probably makes it stand out instantly, in my personal beauty books. It cleansed my face totally clean - almost squeaky clean yet non-drying, the smell was gentle and truly soothing but what scored the highest points was the fact that it doesn't leave any oily residue. Rinsing was a cinch and double cleansing after that with my usual cleanser makes it a double joy for me! Like really, this mommy gets such joy from that short me-time in the showers having her skin cleansed clean :D

CD Cleansing Oil ingredients
And unlike most cleansing oil, the ingredients did not include Mineral Oil. Oh, what a joy!

After using these products, my skin definitely got so much better as I do not need to regularly layer on specific products to help unclog my pores because they do their part to assist in my cleansing routine and that feels just wonderful.

Have you tried these products before? Or do you have a favourite cleansing product?

No comments: