Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rouge in Love by Lancome


rouge in love booth

Recently, Lancome invited some of us to a bloggers' party to experience for ourselves their Rouge In Love lipstick collection.

rouge in love collection
I was surprised to see the variety of colours from each of their themed group, Tonight is my night, Boudoir Time and Jolis Matins - 27 altogether!!

trying out
While there was a demonstration on how to achieve a sweet look with light makeup applications, some of the evurl girls were busy working. Hey, what better way to try out them lipsticks when everyone else is busy at the makeup demo ;)

yani domz bee
This is Yani, Dom and Beetrice all wearing the same lip colour - 375B (Bold Fuschia). When it was applied on our lips, the colour pigments didn't look similar to each other's lips. However, in the photo, it looks quite the same, don't you think?

trying on face
And once we're done putting lipstick on our lips, we played around trying them out on our faces hehe. Nah... this was actually one of the activities during the Rouge in Love party.

Untitled
At the end of the day, I went home with this colour. It was unfortunate that I didn't quite get the colour I wanted but the rest of the bloggers were really sporting as we exchanged with each other the lipstick we got. Initially I received a much lighter colour that isn't suitable for my skintone. This one, 132M is also a little light for my liking but I only discovered how light it is once I bring it home. But still, a nice change from all the other colours I already own.

The lipstick is quite creamy and the colour lasts too. I didn't fall in love with it instantly probably because I didn't get the colour I like. But texture is always important to me and I think the moisturising factor is not too bad. But, due to my dry lips, the light colour does enhance the dryness of my lips and although I wanted to post a photo I took of my lips, it didn't really make the colour attractive in the photo.

At the moment, if you follow Lancome Malaysia fb page, a Rouge in Love contest is currently ongoing. Do check it out and see how you can further discover the lip colours (retails at RM75).

Have you tried the lipstick yet?


No comments: