Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Walnut Complexion Scrub by Ole Henriksen is my new love :)

Haha... with all the good products that I have written in this blog and me telling you I have fallen in love with them, you must be wondering how many times I have fallen in love... Still, I must tell you about the Walnut Complexion Scrub by Ole Henriksen. And am not the least bit ashamed to tell you I have found a new love ;)

  walnut scrub
When I got this, it was just a part of a starter pack. I didn't really have any intention to get a face scrub. But its name did quite catch my attention. I mean, apart from apricot and oatmeal, I don't think I've ever tried any scrub that contains walnut.

When I first used it, I felt I kinda regretted the purchase. It felt really grainy and I can't really scrub my face hard the way I always do. The feeling is similar to the apricot scrub from St Ives those days when I was a teen. To me, a face scrub should be more fine and creamy.

Of course, I didn't want to let it waste since I had already applied it on my face and so I thought, I ought to just try to scrub lightly, adding a little bit of water every once in awhile to prevent too much friction. And once my skin got the hang of it, the scrubbing experience seemed to be more delightful. I paid extra attention to my jaw and neck areas where they are more problematic and stopped quickly fearing that I would over-scrub my skin.

Upon rinsing my face, I was stunned... in a mighty good way. My skin was oh so soft and the pores looked thoroughly refined. I felt really excited when I saw it. I mean, I have tried so many scrubs before and except for Dermalogica's Skin Prep Scrub, no other scrubs gave me this kind of result. Immediately, I decided that this would be a scrub for keeps and something that I would repurchase.

I am not sure how much it costs for a full size jar but this one in the starter kit comes in a 28g tub, good enough to last awhile, I think. Since it is quite grainy, just a little is enough to scrub one's face and once you apply the clay mask after scrubbing, you can be sure to wake up with super-soft, super refined skin the next day. That is, if you pamper your skin like this in the evening before your usual night care.

I am truly loving this scrub and have been using it twice a week for the past 3 weeks. I have learnt to not scrub my face too hard and I guess that is the right way to go, anyway. I believe I am seeing positive results with all the proper care. 

How about you? What is your favourite facial scrub?

2 comments:

Joey Anna said...

oh, you're tempting me. I've two sets of Ole Henrikson sample set, and I still have not touch it. now, I need to rush through the last of my current skincare and get to Ole Henriksen!

toughcookie said...

hiya Jyoan,
which range do you have from Ole Henriksen? is it the same one for blemish-prone skin or something else? yeah, i read many reviews that almost everything from this brand is pretty good. so, do share your thoughts once you have started using them :)