Thursday, December 1, 2011

CLINIQUE turnaround instant facial masque - a delightful experience!

To ensure my skin is problem-free, I have masks for different types of condition - brightening, hydrating and refining. And one of the masks that I can't live without must be the CLINIQUE Turnaround Instant Facial Masque.


I love the fresh scent of this mask. In fact, there's a lot of things about this product that I like, apart from its scent - I love the satiny blue colour of the tube, the tube is so soft and easy to squeeze out the creamy formula when the tube is almost empty, I like the sturdy base but I especially love it for the result it gives me.

Unlike most masks that you'd need to leave on your face for awhile and then rinse off, this one's a little bit different. It's almost like a mild micro-dermabrasion treatment that you can safely do at home. The texture is a little grainy but fine and you'd only need to apply a thin layer on your face, leave it for about 5 minutes and once it has dried up, you would need to wet your fingers a little and massage your face lightly. You'd feel the grainy texture scrubbing those dead cells off your skin and rinsing the product out is such a cinch. As long as you rinse thoroughly, it leaves no residue behind except for soft smooth skin that glows.

I can also see some flecks of silverish sheen, possibly from the formula, making my skin radiant.

when used together with the concentrate serum, it leaves the skin even smoother.

Be careful though, to not over use this mask because as it is likened to a mild micro-dermabrasion treatment, it can lead to over-scrubbing. Though Clinique may have claimed that it is mild enough to be used 2-3 times a week, I think we beauty enthusiasts would know better than to believe such statement.

I had totally ignored this basic beauty rule of over-scrubbing after the mask totally helped to eliminate my blackhead woes on the first 2 weeks of use and used it as regular as thrice weekly ;) hence, the remarkable result left me with a more sensitive skin and as I had exfoliated my skin too regularly, the turnaround time for my dead skin cells may have been over-stimulated... leaving my skin even duller.

I had since cut down on its use to as much as just once a week. It is hard I tell ya... cos the product is really wonderful and I would always want to maintain a certain clarity in the way my skin looks *sigh*

Have you tried this mask? At 75ml, it retails for RM190 only.

No comments: