Monday, May 23, 2011

CLINIQUE Superbalanced powder makeup SPF15/PA+++

I know there are many other posts pending but this is one entry that deserves to cut queue ;)

Last weekend, I decided to check out Isetan's sale (finally!). I know I am a little late but as much as I didn't want any compulsive buy albeit their very attractive members' promotion on the first day of the sale a week ago, my shopping conscience finally got the better of me. My one-day of browsing through beauty counters at Isetan KLCC (sans any purchase, so proud of myself!) finally made me decide to go back to Isetan to grab their fantastic beauty deals.

Hence, I decided to check out stuff at CLINIQUE and this was one of the stuff I got... the CLINIQUE new Superbalanced powder makeup with SPF15/PA+++.

The SA explained that it is sort of a mineral makeup where it can be used on its own after you've put on your sunscreen. Note that these days, all beauticians will stress the importance of putting on sunscreen after your moisturiser, even if your foundation contains SPF. You can layer it on their Superbalanced liquid foundation if you like but apparently, the powder still suffice on its own.

I have to say that I am a little skeptical when it comes to using mineral-based makeup. I've used Bare Escentuals and Dior but both gave me rashes and they both clogged my open pores. But the 'gatalness' in me and the attractive packaging of CLINIQUE's powder made me try it out.

The SA swept 'Deep', the darker of the 2 tones they have and it came out perfect! The colour blended well with my skin tone and it looked like it gave a medium coverage just on its own. With an 18gm weight and a RM140 price tag, I say that it is worth to purchase.

The powder comes in a nice rounded thick compact-like-loose powder case. And like most mineral-based foundation, you'd have a brush instead of a sponge applicator. What I like about the brush, though, is that it isn't like those usual thick-rounded kabuki brush you'd normally get from buying mineral makeup. This one's broad enough for the powder to cover your cheek area in a few sweep yet slim enough to apply them powder neatly on your narrower eyelids and upper lip areas. Smart invention, no?

You're supposed to twirl the top circular part for the top compartment to express enough mineral bits for you to apply to the entire face... much like having a diving watch and you twirling the top dial to see how long you've been underwater ;P haha... really not the same reasons but you get my drift, right?

I used it on my skin today and I must say that I am very impressed with this product. I've never really had any good experience with CLINIQUE's powder makeups - be it their loose powder, pressed powder or any of their compact foundations. I like their liquid foundation but that's that. However, this one seems to suit me perfectly - the colour is just perfect, one sweep of the powder on my skin gave me a medium coverage enough to conceal my open pores, it doesn't make my skin itch, it gives me a healthy-radiant glow first thing in the morning and best of all, I think it's sorta sweat proof when I was doing my normal morning chores before leaving the house for work. I love it!

And as all the other mineral makeup, you just simply have to layer the powder if you want better coverage. So far so good. 2 hours later and the makeup blends with the natural oil secretion on my face, I look even more fresh and radiant.

Since I've only used it twice, I can't say much about the pore-clogging part yet. So far, if you use the right products from CLINIQUE that's suitable for your skin type, you may not encounter this problem. Therefore, I am keeping my fingers crossed but will update you if I do get breakouts from the powder.

here's the full list of ingredients, if you'd like to check it out.

Have you tried this product yet or would you like to try it out?

No comments: