Sunday, October 18, 2015

Catrice Long Lasting Waterproof Eye Pencil.

Yes, I know I've been away far too long. Haven't been in touch with the latest beauty insights the past 10 months or so except for the short catch up here and there from the usual more popular beauty blogs/instagram I've been following.
I remember how much I've wished for the Catrice brand to come in to Malaysia. I came across it by accident when I was in Switzerland and I love it. It's really cheap quality stuff. Really.

I know it's been in Malaysia for awhile now but I've never really got the chance to check the entire range until about 2 weeks ago when I was at Guardian of Bangsar Shopping Centre and I had the itchy fingers to try out one colour from the Long Lasting Eye Pencil Waterproof range... also because that was the only colour left! Got myself an eyebrow pencil too and although that is just okay-nothing-to-shout-about, the eye pencil however got me crazy.

I've always had problems with eye liners, be it cream, pencil or liquid. None of them stay on my lids longer than 5 hours and even if they promise not to smudge, they would still transfer to my lower lids after a long day at work, even after I've applied eye primer to the eye area. Yup, that frustrating.

Recently, my most favourite eye liner has been by Clinique because it is not only much lesser in price compared to the rest of the branded beauty brands, it also has good staying power. But, it still smudges towards end of the day. 

The Catrice Long Lasting Eye Liner pencil however just doesn't budge, smudge or transfer. In fact, even taking it off using my oil makeup cleanser on my lazy days doesn't quite cut it. You must use eye makeup remover to get it off.

Yesterday when I was in Empire Subang, I was thrilled to see Catrice being carried in Guardian. And I got myself 2 more colours - my favourite blue, and a (dupe Clinique Peacock) green to replace or at least challenge the more expensive one that will run out really fast. Hehe.

Top to bottom: the grey, blue and green colours. Damn I realised I didn't even check the actual names of those colours. Too excited, me thinks. How else am I supposed to react for just RM11ish (read: eleven ringgit-ish) only per stick. It is an automatic pencil which means I don't ever have to sharpen it and that means super convenient to me.

I'm a happy lady. So happy that it is important enough to deserve a post in here after far too long.


No comments: