Friday, February 10, 2012

The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter


I was pulled in by all the hype of Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, when madame Paris B posted a strong review just before the long weekend *grrrr*. I even got upset when I could not get any opportunity to actually check them out during the four-day break *double grrrr*

Yesterday though, as I was checking out a small Guardian outlet just before I attended a meeting, I finally managed to get my hands on them testers but wasn't quite sure if it fell short of my expectations.

I am not sure whether the excitement worn out due to the frustration of not being able to check them out earlier or the fact that I only had less than 10 minutes to thoroughly make up my mind or I'll be late for my meeting.

And when you're short of time, it is hard to decide... I mean, I didn't really fall in love with them the moment I swatched the colours on my wrist. I guess it felt like any other lipsticks I have. Then, I also actually liked four of the colours and three of them are almost alike!

Although at first I wanted to get Macaroon because it looked like a really pretty burgundy on MWS post but on my wrist, it looked reddish orange, a warmer tone than Cherry Tart. I liked Strawberry Shortcake, a nice light pink but was afraid that the colour might be too light for my complexion.

The lip butter is like a lipgloss but with better colour intensity. Logically, with balmy, super moisturising lipsticks, like a lipgloss, would not have much staying power. Therefore, you should expect that the colour, although more intense, would come out really well when applied but may fade as quickly as a couple of hours.

That said, I thought I would be happier if I were to get a stronger colour instead of those originally light. And with that thought, I chose Cherry Tart - it looked like a strong red and would definitely not disappear on my lips too easily.

I didn't like the plasticky cover, though, but since I didn't want to miss all the hype, I thought it'd be safe for me to try just one colour first.

When I got home, I wasn't sure if it was a purchase that I should have made at all... I mean, I already have so many lip colours... so why do I want to add something that I could probably already have in my collection. But oh well, the purchase was already made and what better way than to swipe the colour on my lips to see if it was really all that good.

Yesterday, I didn't fall in love with it. I was probably just tired, or had too many things on my mind, and so yeah, I didn't think much of it.

But this morning, was a different story.

I began to realise what all the hype was all about. The lip butter is super moisturising that it smoothes out the lips totally! I have dry lips and have always appreciated those lip products that contain silicon because it magnifies the lips (visually) and almost temporarily eliminate those lines synonymous with dry lips. And at RM24.90 for the lip butter, I get at least one of those effect (and not bothered if it doesn't magnify my lips).

It is so smooth and you could increase the intensity of the colour by applying more layers. It doesn't feel heavy on the lips with more layers and my lips feel really hydrated. When observed closer, it also contains some specks of glitters but it doesn't really show on the lips so I guess, that isn't a huge factor for me.

With this sudden attraction to it, I become very disappointed that we consumers in Malaysia do not get the full range of colours. There are only 8 colours available and I wish I could get my hands on many other colours I saw on Emma Stone and fans of the lip butter, worldwide.

Have you gotten into this hype yet? What do you think of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters?

2 comments:

plue said...

so cantik on you! cherry tart actually look much better on your lips than swatched. AMAZING :D

Anonymous said...

Cherry Tart looks hot on you! It is my 2nd favourite next to Lollipop. I also wished they brought in all the other 12 shades too.