Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Belated Happy New Year Wish ;P

I think you all may have noticed that I've been a little slacking in the 'wishing' department. There wasn't any Christmas wish or New Year and there wasn't any new year resolution post. This is partly due to me being really bad at wishing people (heck, I know that there are a few friends whom I have not wished them Happy Birthday) and partly due to laziness :-/

As for the resolution bit, I believe I have not really thought of any resolutions since 2005 haha... could be because I feel that I already have what I wanted (or needed) and that I should focus on what I already have rather than concentrate on the 1% that I don't and end up not being grateful for what I have achieved. Of course there would always be room for improvements in almost anything so that we continue to progress. But I don't have anything too intense that warrants a resolution etched on paper / online.

So, truthfully, if you ask me what I haven't achieved and would like to for 2012, I would want to create a self-KPI that's so easy to achieve yet very difficult to execute. Why difficult? Because I am not sure if anyone has achieved it, ever! But this part will definitely not damper those 99% that I already have in life because it is something truly fun that my entire family would be able to enjoy it. And if I don't achieve it in a particular month, no biggie! What is it, you may ask. Well... I would like take advantage of the Baskin Robbins ice cream deal every 31st of the month! Pretty silly, you may think?? Who cares *sniggers*

Anyways, the new year came and went really quickly but started off on a really memorable note for me. It was the 2nd time that I got involved in a small gathering of wonderful gals for the new year and this time, I made sure I was totally prepared for it.

One for each of them...

There were 11 of us altogether and we gathered at a spa for a relaxing start to the new year while we appreciate each other's company.

Receiving gifts feels so good but giving them out feels even better!
L-R: Lyn, Yvonne & Plue

Sharing some light-hearted moments. I think Beetrice is probably guessing at what was in that package ;)
Seen only with nose & teeth: Paris B ;P
Most right (cheeks visible): Xin

And I went home feeling smashing. Can you spot a handmade item within the stash? Clue: delicious slices that'll leave you hungry ;)

you can also read about the gathering here.

As they say, a good start at anything may probably leave you with a lasting effect. I am just so grateful with good fortunes that doesn't necessarily come in colourful notes.

So, while I try to fulfill my ice-cream goal, I shall balance it up with a healthy diet and lifestyle that don't necessarily need to be included as a new year resolution. After all, eating healthy and regular exercise should already be a part of us. I mean, even weekend shopping in malls is already considered exercise, don't you think ;)

Life is so amazing, I'd always say. You could either choose to take action in your life and live it as positive as possible or you could mope around and blame everyone else for anything that goes wrong. For me, I try to always have an open mind and accept most opportunities that come my way because you will never know which doors open for you to grab a once-in-a-lifetime chance. If it doesn't work out, at least I know I've tried my best, of course within calculated risks or limitations. Life is too short for one to worry too much about the 'what ifs'. Once you've made a decision, stick with it, be responsible about it and never second guess yourself. But if it doesn't work out, have the guts to admit that you've made a mistake and learn from it.

What do you think? How has 2012 been so far?

2 comments:

beetrice said...

LOL that was Dom's package I was feeling! :P (oops, sounds so salah..)

It was an awesome way to spend New Years with you and the rest of the evurl ladies, and here's to many many more in 2012!! *hugz*

toughcookie said...

bee,
hehe... it was really fun and next time we should take more photos with all of us in it! :D

*hugz back*