Thursday, October 14, 2010

How often do you change your hairstyle?


When it comes to experimenting with my hair, I've tried it all. Well... not quite... but I basically have done every thing permissible to my hair (and according to the environment I was in) and was never very sentimental about just one style.

I've pulled off my long do for the longest time though, once around 2005 for about a year, and another straight after giving birth to Jada, for around 2 years. My hair is thick and grows really really fast and so, I never really gave it much thought if I were to make a mistake with a haircut - simply because I knew the hair would grow rapidly and I could repair something within a month. So, I would colour, I would highlight it, straighten it, curl it - just about anything I felt I wanted to do at that point of time.

In fact, I changed my hairstyles too often that back when we were dating, some of Mr Husband's friends thought he went out with different women at those few occasions ;P

I believe it is pretty much important to always give your current look a fresher appeal every once in awhile. Back in 1999 I had a very good stylist by the name, Michael, who was based in Jantzen, Mid Valley. He would change my hairstyle and hair colour every 3 months or so. He was that good. He left the establishment and I never knew where he went. Of course, after so many change of hairstyles, I decided that I was spending too much on my hair and I made slower changes not for the high I'd get but only when I felt it's time for a new look. I think it feels nice to be able to not worry much about how I'd look and just go give it one try, at least once in my lifetime (of course, not anything too radical like shaving off my head or stuff like that).

So, after 2 years carrying this thick long hair... I suddenly had the inspiration from the picture below which I got from here. I took this picture to my current stylist today and since she has done up a short do on me before, she wasn't the least bit surprised that I came back to her for something very different after so long...

ya, i know she's got an oval face and i don't... but who cares? your stylist should be able to adapt the style to your face shape to get the best results :D

and this was what i got from the transformation session this afternoon... chic, no?

Of course, with such a radical change, there is only one stylist whom I trust and I love that I have that someone for my hair needs.

How often do you change your hairstyle?

12 comments:

Chech said...

The exact word that came to my mind when I saw your new hairdo: chic!

Connie De Alwis said...

WHOAAA!! That's QUITE a change! Very funky I LOVE IT! No more the mak datin look huh? :P
where'd you get your hair done?

PB said...

Ok me 2nd WHOA!! Where did all the hair go?! I'm pretty adventurous too and in this heat, your new do is perfect!

Unknown said...

I love it... i always love women with short hair. U lookin gorjes!

I made a vow not to cut my hair from 2008-2010. So yeah, i'm waiting till after my confinement early next year baru boleh potong rambut. If not my mum bising nnti masa pantang takleh ikat rambut tinggi2!!! :)

Unknown said...

so cute & chic

toughcookie said...

chech,
thank you :)

toughcookie said...

hiya connie,
haha yeah... do away with the mak datin look ;P

after michael, i had another good stylist but she got hijacked by my ex 'the loser' - he brought his brother, his girlfriend and practically the whole clan! thankfully, my best friend introduced me to another really wonderful stylist and she's my go to every time (although that's like not very often cos she's at A Cut Above BSC). the place is expensive but i love her cut because the style always last even when the hair grows lengthier.

toughcookie said...

paris,
haha the hair all went into the trash bag la babe...

today i woke up horrified seeing all the hair standing ;P learning to use the wax now hehe...

toughcookie said...

nina,
oh chenkyu babeh!

ya la... time pantang kena ikat rambut kan (altho i seriously tak paham why we must do that)...

toughcookie said...

hi huda,
*blush* hehe... TQ...

Emily said...

Looking GOOD!

toughcookie said...

dearest emily,
thank you darling...

btw, do you remember tak the DIY 'sailor dress' you gave me when i was pregnant dulu? i took it out recently to have it tailored but apparently, jada is still too small for the pattern... sayang nak potong because the fabric is just so nice... wanna wait another year so that i don't waste too much fabric :))